The ebtEDGE is an online platform in the United States of America, created to aid checking of EBT card balances. There are a lot of things that can be done on the ebtEDGE website and the same functions can also be accessed on the mobile application. Here, on this guide, we would be telling you about how to check EBT account balances, how to review transactions, how to change your EBT card pin, and much more.
ebtEDGE is also referred to as the Cardholder Portal. This cardholder portal is solely for only EBT cards.
One can also access this portal via the mobile application which has now been made available on the App Store and Google Play Store for both the iOS and the Android mobile devices. Now, with the mobile application, keeping track of your EBT cards and benefits is made easy.
To enable you to make use of ebtEDGE, be it the website or the mobile application, you first must have had an EBT card send to you by the state. This automatically makes you a cardholder. The EBT is not randomly sent to citizens, it is only sent to applicants who have applied for benefits to assistance programs from the state and have been deemed eligible to receive such benefits. In other words, the EBT cards contain the benefits sent to you. The benefits could be food benefits or cash benefits.
Food benefits are only used to buy food items and non-alcoholic beverages approved stores or from approved retailers of the program. Food benefits cannot be used to buy household supplies or non-staple food items or alcoholic drinks, drugs, or supplements. The cash benefits are can be used to make payments for purchases in approved stores. You can also cash out your cash benefits. This also can only be done in approved stores using cashback or withdrawals from ATMs that participate in the program.
While making use of your benefits from the card, it is wise to keep track of all the transactions being made and also to know the balance of the benefits left after transactions. Keeping track of your benefits and transactions helps you plan a budget on how well to manage your benefits. The app also does a fine job at keeping transaction records also helps you stay in the know.
Features of ebtEDGE – ebtEDGE Card Balance
Some of the features of ebtEDGE that has been very helpful to the cardholder are all listed below. With the ebtEDGE, cardholders can;
- View information about their account in English or Spanish.
- Choose their PIN.
- Check the balance of their account.
- Add security codes and even update them. This is done to add extra protection.
- Print the history of their transactions.
- View training materials.
- See the history of their transactions for at least the last thirty (30) days.
- Search for retailers in their area.
These are some of the very interesting features of ebtEDGE. They all sum up all the wants any cardholder could possibly have and proffers the solutions.
In order to enjoy all these features, as a cardholder, on the ebtEDGE website or mobile application, you have to first be logged in into the site. The requirement for login is only a few details. All that is needed is the 16 digit EBT card number. This number can be found on the EBT card sent to you. To log in and start keeping tabs on your card, transaction, and account balance, follow the steps stated out below.
- Open the browser on your system and go to “ebtEDGE” or the mobile app.
- Click or tap on the cardholder login on the home page. A page for the cardholder login would be displayed.
- Impute your 16 digit EBT card number.
- Then click on the login icon beside it.
Your account details would be displayed. There you can;
- Check EBT account balances to know how much of your benefit is left.
- Review transactions to keep track of your spending and also to cross-check the items and the amount you used. This is done to reduce fraud.
- Change your EBT card pin. This is to extra secure your account and to avoid giving access to a third party.
Other login links on the ebtEDGE are as follows;
- EBT Merchant Login.
- EBT Partner Login.
- The EBT Agency Login.
- Child Care Provider Login.
One can access all these on ebtEDGE.